Read our FAQs
DPS, Jamnagar is located on Jamnagar Reliance Highway, Vasai, Jamnagar-361006, Gujarat, India
Please click here for Map
The school aims to provide quality education in the ideal environment with lush green campus and sports facilities to create the next-generation leaders with intelligence, personality and humanity.
The key points of difference are:
- DPS legacy – DPS Society marks its presence since 1947 in over 14 countries with more than 200 top quality schools. This educational organization with its transcontinental identity is a network of values, systems and relationships.
- DPS Management – The Members of DPS society are the renowned personalities such as V.K. Shunglu (Chairman of DPS Society); Rear Admiral M.M. Chopra (Vice Chairman of DPS Society); Justice B.N. Kirpal (Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India); Mr. Ashok Chandra (Former Chairman of DPS and IAS officer), Dr. A.R. Kidwai (Ex-Governor of Bihar, West Bengal, Haryana and Rajasthan), Mr. Salman Khurshid (Former Union Minister of External Affairs), Ms. Shovana Narayan (Renowned Kathak Dance and Deputy Director General, BSNL) and others.
- DPS Principal and Teachers – The selection and recruitment process of principal and teachers will be done by DPS Society, New Delhi at Delhi.
- 10 acres of safe, secured campus with all modern built to purpose facilities.
- Truly English Medium School as per CBSE pattern.
- Meticulously designed sports programs for all age groups.
- Professionally managed and well established systems.
- Special emphasis on English using reading kits, flash cards etc.
The school is being managed by Delhi Public School Society, New Delhi.
We now offer Nursery to Grade XI for the academic session 2019-20.
The curriculum framework adopted by school is NCF 2005 (National Curriculum Framework). The curriculum helps students to develop creative thinking skills, effective communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
The practices that school follows are:
- Learner centered approach
- Based on Indian culture
- Focus on developing values
- Equal emphasis on academics, sports and life skills
- Activity based teaching is adopted
- Textbook is only a guide – We go beyond the textbook
- Relate concepts to real life
- Multiple Intelligence based lessons
- Out of classroom learning – field trips, community surveys, Achiever meets
- Student mentoring
- Teacher mentoring
- Continuous professional development for teachers
- Independent learning skills inculcate among learners
- Various activities and competition like recitation, elocution, debate etc.
- Continuous assessment through oral & written assignments
- Financial literacy
- Completion of syllabus is not the focus but conceptual understanding is the focus
- Personality of the learner developed
- Rote learning-learning by rote avoided, experiential learning is adopted
- Learning is through activities, learning not for facts and knowledge but for life
- Attitudes and skills inculcated through activities
- Learning through cooperation and sharing
- Projects involving society included
- Fieldtrips, guest speakers, theme & activity based teaching used
- Child is involved in the process of learning
- Creative teaching techniques used
- Individual attention provided to child
- Differentiated instruction planned based on child’s abilities
- No tuition needed unless child has learning difficulties
- Counseling and reinforcement strategies used
- Extra attention is given to the slow learners
- Regular interaction with the parent so as keep the parents inform regularly
We strictly restrict the class size up to 32 students per class.
At DPS, Jamnagar we firmly believe that holistic development of the child can be achieved integrating the co-curricular programs such as fine arts, performing arts, sports and games. DPS also encourages students to be creative and independent. Centre for Life Skills (CLS) is a first of its kind initiative that will add value to adolescents and equip them with right skill-sets to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life.
- Life skills will be taught as an independent discipline in the content areas identified.
- It will be integrated with teaching of other disciplines of learning.
- Special lectures will be organized to sensitize the students on Life skills.
- Cooperation and participation of parents will be sought in developing right attitudes to life.
- Sports is introduced for the students which will nurture the students love and passion for sports. Students will be keen to take part in various indoor and outdoor sports.
Academic Session (2019-2020)
Timings for Nursery, KG I and KG II : Monday to Friday: 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Timings for Grades I to X : Monday to Friday 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Timings for Grades III to XI : Saturday 08:00 AM to 02:00 Noon ( SECOND & FOURTH SATURDAY-HOLIDAY)
* All Saturdays will be holidays for Nursery to Grade II.
The campus has about 10 acres of land.
Yes, transport is available from areas decided by the school management.
- Centre for Life Skills
- Huge Sports Ground
- Art and Craft Studio
- Dance Studio
- Music Room
- Language Lab
- Math Lab
- Science Lab (Chemistry, Physics & Biology)
- Computer Lab
- Business Lab (for senior classes)
- Vocation Lab (for senior classes)
- Multipurpose Activity Hall
- Open Air Theater
- Skating Rink
- Kids Play Area and Splash Pool
- Indoor Sports
Child is our responsibility till he/she is in school. School buses are GPS enabled and have adequate safety measures like emergency phone numbers, fire extinguisher, first aid box, etc. GPS access is also given to parents to track buses. Our staff including a female staff are there in buses with the students to keep a strict watch on the progress of his/her child. The campus is under the CCTV Surveillance to monitor the activities and movements on campus. The school is having Access Control Gates for the safety of students and staff.
The school is having a well equipped infirmary to take care of the children who are not feeling well. The care givers take proper care of the student and in case of need parents are contacted by the class teacher or the coordinator. A full-time nurse and a doctor on call are available in the school campus.
Admissions for academic year 2020-21 are in progress.
You can contact our Parents Relations Officer or Counselor who will assist you with all relevant details about the admission procedure. Please check the contact details for further enquiry.
Application forms are available at DPS Campus, Jamnagar Reliance Highway, Vasai, Jamnagar-361006, Gujarat, India
Documents required for registration
Nursery to Grade I
- Photocopy of the Birth Certificate (Issued by Municipal Corporation or any Competent Authority. Certificates issued by doctors, Nursing Homes, etc. will not be accepted.)
2. 6 recent passport size colour photographs of the candidate and 2 of each of the parent.
- Caste Certificate (only if applicable)
- Annual Mark Sheet or Report Card of previous school attended.(if applicable)
Grade II onwards
- Photocopy of the Birth Certificate (Issued by Municipal Corporation or any Competent Authority Certificates issued by doctors, Nursing Homes, etc. will not be accepted.)
2. Six recent passport size colour photographs of the candidate and two each of the parent
3. Last 2 years Report Card from the previous school
4. Original School Leaving/ Transfer Certificate Counter signed by DEO (on the first day of school)
5. Caste Certificate copy (if applicable)
- Aadhar card copy (if available)Class X
- 1 Original School Leaving Certificate Counter signed by CBSE
2. Six recent passport size color photographs of student
3. Two recent passport size color photograph each of the parents
4. Photocopy of Birth Certificate
5. Photocopy of Report Card of Class IX
6. Registration Card and Registration Slip of Class IX
7. Parent`s Transfer Letter
8. Old and New Address Proof
Note : Direct admission will be given in Class X and XII as per CBSE guidelines only.
(Note – Item 4, 5 & 6 can be submitted at a later date also)
The age criteria for admission to various classes are as below. For
ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-21
|GRADE||BORN BETWEEN DATES|
|NURSERY (Minimum 3 years on 31st March 2020)||1.4.2016 to 31.3.2017|
|KG 1||1.4.2015 to 31.3.2017|
|KG 2||1.4.2014 to 31.3.2016|
|GRADE 1||1.4.2013 to 31.3.2015|
|GRADE 2||1.4.2012 to 31.3.2014|
|GRADE 3||1.4.2011 to 31.3.2013|
|GRADE 4||1.4.2010 to 31.3.2012|
|GRADE 5||1.4.2009 to 31.3.2011|
|GRADE 6||1.4.2008 to 31.3.2010|
|GRADE 7||1.4.2007 to 31.3.2009|
|GRADE 8||1.4.2007 to 31.3.2009|
|GRADE 9||1.4.2005 to 31.3.2007|
|GRADE 10||1.4.2003 to 31.3.2005|
|GRADE 11||1.4.2002 to 31.3.2004|